The ingredients in this Live Forever Juice will keep you in top mental and physical health
I was given this recipe by one of my classmates when I did my first yoga teacher training in India. The man aged in his 50s who had created it was on a mission to live as long as and healthily as he could. He and his wife (also a yoga teacher) lived off-grid in Hawaii and were committed to an organic, plant-based diet and lifestyle. This juice was his number one daily 'medicine' for "living forever". It's important though to always use organic ingredients when possible.
Here are some of the health benefits of the different ingredients: Beetroot is clinically proven to not just reduce your risk of cancer but also to shrink and remove colon cancer tumours. Beetroot juice has enzymes that build muscle if the juice is consumed 30 minutes before a workout. Sweet potato has a large amount of iodine, this supports thyroid function which is for metabolic and digestive processes. Celery lowers blood pressure and cucumber flushes out liver. Ginger soothes the digestive system, builds the immune system and lowers cholesterol. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory that also detangles nerves in the brain to prevent dementia and has more than 30 proven cancer and health benefits; it truly is the wonder spice.
Ingredients - put the following through a juicer:
• 400 gms carrots, cut off tops and peel if dirty
• 1 beetroot, peeled
• 1 apple, only use organic apples. If you can’t get organic don’t use apples because the chemical load of the pesticides outweigh the benefits.
• 1 sweet potato, small to medium sized, peeled.
• Half a cucumber, if it’s organic, do not peel as the skin has a lot of nutritional value. If not organic then do peel
• Small piece of gingerroot, peel the ginger. Can be hot so start off with a small amount.
• Small piece fresh turmeric, can be strong so start off small. If fresh root is not available, use dry turmeric but very little, half a teaspoon goes a long way.
Pour this juice into a blender and add:
• 1 banana
• 3 or 4 strawberries, use frozen fruit to give a cold smoothie consistency
• 1/3 Cup wild blueberries
• 2 Tablespoons hemp seed
Blend, drink and joyfully extend your life!